Thursday 26 February 2009

Two affecting deaths recently..

RIP Kim Manners [1950 - 2009]
Very sad to see this. I remember him well from his work on the X-Files.

And he inspired the best line in all of cult tv...

"Some blankhole found your blankety blanking UFO."

RIP

Tony Hart RIP
Oh dear!

You know, I'm not artistic in that way in the slightest, event to the point of dislike, but I would have to get home every week for Hart Attack. The man had an infectious charisma about him, that made his shows and talents unmissable.

Having seen Companions post above, that basically sums me up. Rubbish at drawing, hated it almost, but always seemed to be giving a go after watching Tony Hart.

Though perhaps not an unexpected passing - his tragic interview from September, where he revealed his frailness and how he couldnt paint ever again thanks to his strokes - suggested that the man would not have much time left, but this makes it no less a sad passing.

A massive figure from my youth. I hope he is at peace.

RIP

No comments: