Friday 24 July 2009

Answering: Modern Classic novels?

Anansi Boys (Neil Gaiman) wasn't too shabby either. That was the one, I believe, that beat Hal Duncan's "Vellum" to the Hugo in 2006ish time. Though if you think I am about to plug the multi-award winning best selling Duncan's work, on the spurious basis of him being a close friend, yer mistaken.

Come to think of it, I haven't really read much NEW good lit. Most of it was terrible stuff I can't even remember the name of. Most current writers I like are relatively obscure folk I met through my own career and so there's no point in mentioning them.

Was O'Caledonia published after 2001? It was ok.

The first Harry Potter book is infinetly the best one, written with a quasi-Wodehousian style, but it was published in 1997 and therefore doesn't count.

No comments: